Jayzus! I am a bad blogger. I can’t even remember the last time I sat down and wrote a post. I’ve been waiting for an inspiring reason to write (read: non-boring reason) but I just can’t seem to come up with anything that I feel is worthwhile. So I guess I’ll write an apology instead.
There, are you happy?
Life just takes over sometimes and kids, career, husband, home maintenance, families and holidays take over my brain power and I simply don’t have the bandwidth to put it all down on paper (ok, laptop). What can I say?
We’re fighting with the people that built our house over deficiencies which is SUPER FUN. And when I say SUPER FUN, I mean in a total nightmare sort of way. The work stuff is crazy as we just completed office renovations and are juggling unpacking and refurnishing with the daily chaos that is what we call in the music business Q4 aka the time when EVERYTHING happens.
The kids are completely obsessed by Halloween. These are the most common phrases heard in our house these days:
5. “I want to be a cat for Halloween. Can you get me a cat costume? I know I wanted to be a Zombie Vampire Devil yesterday. But now I want to be a cat. Puuuhhhhlleeeazzze can you get me a cat costume.” – Shorty #1
4. “We need more decorations.” – Shorty #1
3. “This Halloween I want to be a Bumble Bee. Next Halloween I want to be Spiderman.” – Shorty #2 who will clearly be disappointed when she realizes that successive Halloweens take place exactly one year apart.
2. “We don’t have enough decorations. Can we go to the store and buy more?” – Shorty #1
And the #1 most heard phrase at our house these days:
1. “Is TODAY Halloween???” – Shorty #1 and #2
I’m continuously searching for a delicate way to explain that we have another two whole weeks of waiting!
We’re invited to a Gala on Friday night. Which is lovely. But no one can tell me what the expected dress code would be for said Gala. I’m thinking then its perfectly acceptable to wear my fave Smythe blazer, jeans and heels. RIGHT? Please say yes.
Otherwise, its just life. Day to day busy that all of you are experiencing too. So just know that I love that you still come visit The R&R Mom and I love that you still care. I promise that as soon as I can get my shit together and come up with a brilliant thing to write about, you’ll be the first to know.